Southeast Yacht Services, Inc., Jeff Noda, is a rude pig!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 7 comments

Update by user May 25, 2013

I am sorry but there is no mechanism on this site to remove a comment. Sorry for your loss.

Original review posted by user May 20, 2012

Jeff Noda is a rude, disrepectful marine surveyor who should not be in business. He tries to gouge customers, by advertising one price, then doing a bait and switch, the calls you demeaning names and curses, in an email, when you ask the basis of his price quote.

here's the email I received today:

Hi (NAME), I apoligigise for my web site pricing breakdown.

I am an independent marine surveyor --- thousands of boats ++ under my belt so far, since the 1970's ... My web site pricing is out of date and I am hoping to have my web host change the pricing schedule soon.

To a (no posted rate) .... a flat rate...depending on the project in front of me.

You will grow up some day and realize the difference between Big - Small, time of year, Power, Sail, Houseboat. New / Old gas, diesel, engine hrs, fresh / salt water, covered / uncovered dockage. etc.

I also apologies for any inconvenience with these e mail exchanges, however you sound like nothing more than a pain in the *** ,New York Female attorney, who I want even less to do with your type.

Best of luck, good sailing and please try not to kill yourself or anybody ells while driving your little boat around.

Pease do not reply to me ...You are nothing but trouble, I do not want to hear from you again.

A pound of good cheese costs about $3.50 per pound.

Go for it.

Review about: Marine Services.

Comments

Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States #655869

I was at Jeff's funeral today for his 17 year old daughter.It would be good if the negative post was removed so she doesn't see it.

Jeff was a good man.The letter you posted was nothing like who he was.He was extremely sick and died tragically.For respect of his daughter please remove post.it does you no good anymore.

kmd1988
to Anonymous #656047

I am sorry there is no way to remove the comment, there isn't a button or a delete comment, nothing. sorry for your loss.

Tucker, Georgia, United States #654791

I've known Jeff Noda personally and professionally for over 20 years.He was a great friend and went out of his way to help his fellow boaters. Don't know the female attorney from New York, but in view of Jeff's recent demise, It would be appropriate for her to remove her negative comments.

kmd1988
to Kevin #656048

I am sorry there is no way to remove the original post. Sorry for your loss.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #654508

Jeff Noda was tragically killed in a car accident yesterday, May 20, 2013 at about 3pm. I know for a fact that he had been VERY sick over the last several months, and had a long career as a respected captain and marine expert.

Conway, South Carolina, United States #632472

he didn't sound sick over the phone, and all I did was ask for a breakdown of the quote as it seemed excessive based upon his published rates on the internet.When I first called him he made some very off comments about the lawyer lady thing and being from New York - there was no way he'd know I was a lawyer from the emails, he must have googled my name.

I think he was looking to fleece a female yankee lawyer - because you know, we northerners have all kinds of money, especially the lawyers, right?

that was his attitude.maybe it has changed, but its not professional to change your rates because you think you can take someone for more money.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #631906

I just want anyone who reads this to know that this man is a very good person.He just happened to be going through a very serious illness at the time of this posting, and was under an extreme amount of stress.

Please don't base his skill, fairness and expertise on this one incident.

It's interesting that there was no posting on the initial dialogue that caused his response.I'm not totally excusing it, but please know that he is truly a hardworking, honest man that is just simply trying to make a living in a competitive industry and poor economy.

View more comments